Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Front Garden experience

This year I put pots in my front garden beds! Clay and I have differing opinions on how long these flowers stayed alive. He thinks it wasn't more than a week...I know it was at least three months. But as soon as the weather got super hot like in the 90's, I don't think I watered them enough and they kind of died. There is one plant on the other side (not shown here) that is still just gorgeous and I think it's because it's right by the sprinkler head and got a ton of water. Well, I learned! 

I also learned that those three middle pots were not planted properly. Plants need room and if you don't give them enough room then they die. I planted too big of plants in too small of pots!
 
Oh well, this was my first year and I am happy to have learned all my lessons for next year. Also I enjoyed flowers for three months! (Contrary to what Clayton thinks) And I still have one pot that is thriving just beautifully.



2 comments:

  1. I love your flowers and you did great! Even if they did die 3 months later, like you said you learned alot! You did alot more htan me! I"ve never planted anything! You're so brave! i love you- and again- they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I've killed 90% of the plants I've tried to keep alive. And 2 of the 4 plants that have lived- were completely chance. I neglected them big time, they just survived on their own. So, to MY credit, I've only kept 2 basil plants alive and it's only been the last 2 months. With all the others- I had NO IDEA how much sunlight they needed. Like sometimes I didn't think to open the blinds for DAYS. Other plants shriveled in the sun. I feel like I'm just now catching on to the obvious.

    ReplyDelete