Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!



Clay and I went to a party with a bunch of couples from the ward and dressed up as "The Walking Dead" characters. If you aren't aware, it's this disgusting tv show about zombies that Clay wisely knows I couldn't handle...but he LOVES it! He is the hero of the show, Sheriff Grimes, and I am a nasty Zombie.



We tried really hard to make me have real looking wounds...I turned out alright I think!

Clay and I carved these pumpkins. I did the Jack Skelington one and Clay did the cat. Aren't they amazing?! I mean seriously, I have never done a cool pumpkin before and I'm seriously seriously impressed. We did the carving at Clay's parents house and it was so fun! I haven't done it in so long and I'm just so glad we did it this year. 



For work I went as Harry Potter.

Well, Halloween. What to say. Last year I remember being SO glad that I bought two bags of candy (big ones). We had so many trick or treators! So of course, I bought two huge bags from Sams Club. I sorted the candy we liked best and the candy we didn't like as much to hand out the worse ones first. We didn't even get through the bad candy! We have SO MUCH CANDY LEFT! 

I am happy to report that I didn't eat any of our candy today. Sigh...I really really wanted to. But I am trying really hard to be healthier and that just isn't in the diet. I'm not worried though, we have enough candy to last us forever so whenever I decide to eat it, it will most likely be there. 

Tomorrow I have the day off, thank goodness. I plan on doing the following:

Cleaning floors
Cleaning room
Cleaning bathroom
Sewing
Making Dinner

It'll be a pretty good day I think.

Our basement bathroom is getting closer and closer to being complete and we are so excited! It's looking so good! 

Well, I can't believe it's November already. I'm going to admit something to you. I have been listening to Christmas music the past couple days. It's been so cold and gloomy and I've had some emotional days and it just comforts me. I'm not regretful at all about it!

I watched You've Got Mail the other day, and seriously? That movie is the best. It really just is. I love it. 

Now I'm watching Sleepless in Seattle. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Eat lots of candy for me and enjoy it.



2 comments:

  1. It IS such a good movie. I need to buy it. Sorry you've been emotional. Christmas music is good all year round, I think. Definitely for playing on the piano. I was playing a bunch the other week when I got a new book in the mail. I mean, I can't be rusty when it really counts! Love the costumes. Super cool. Never seen that show. Cleaning, that's what I've been doing today. Man, I don't know why anyone cleans, it is just too much work. I suppose, my house IS giant. But you're is big too! Everytime I set out to clean, forever seems to pass by and I think, "Why did I just waste my life DOING this?!!!!" I wish I could get in sweats and watch movies with you! Seriously, that sounds like the best! I'm pretty impressed you didn't eat candy. I can't not eat things that are THERE. It just doesn't work. I love you. I hope you have a happy weekend and a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that was a great blog. teh tricker treaters, ok- we had the same experience- last year we ran OUT of candy, so this year I bought a ton, and then there weren't as many this year, I was giving out HANDFULS to people! I've never done that! And I still had left overs, crazy. i love your costumes, you guys look legit! And- the pumpkins are so good! I've never done a cool pumpkin, just your traditional jackolantern. I LOVE you've got mail, it is such a feel good warm movie. And I haven't seen sleepless in years! or alteast a long time! ha. I love you!

    ReplyDelete